General Knowledge For PPSC,FPSC,NTS,CSS
This Blog Contains Information About Following Topics.Note that only few sample points are given here.For your ease complete Handouts on General Knowledge For PPSC,FPSC,NTS,CSS Can Be Downloaded In PDF.
Note: This blog contains only sample GK.You can download PDF File
- Mountains Passes
- World Rivers
• Mount Olympus is in Greece.
• The mountain range in Russia that is regarded as the boundary between Europe & Asia is Urals.
• Margalla Hills of Islamabad are extension of Himalaya range.
• Ural mountains separate Asia from Europe.
IMPORTANT MOUNTAIN PASSES
- Namni Pass is in Mayanmar.
- Khunjerab Pass is highest pass in Pakistan.
- Alpine Pass is situated in USA.
- Lowari Pass is in Pakistan.
- Khojak tunnel is in Balouchistan.
- Bolan (Sulaiman range) pass is in Baluchistan.
• Largest ocean is pacific ocean , then Atlantic, Indian and then Arctic.
• Largest sea is South China Sea, then Caribbean Sea, then Mediterranean sea, Behring Sea Gulf of
Mexico, Sea of Japan, Hudson Bay, East China Sea, Andaman Sea, then Black sea then Red sea and in the
last Baltic sea.
• Sea of Japan is prominent for fishing area.
FAMOUS SEA PORTS
- Alexandria is in Egypt.
- Antwerp is in Belgium.
- Aqaba is in Jordan.
- Bandar Bushehr is in Iran.
- Bristol is in UK.
- Cardiff is in UK.
- Plymouth is in UK
- Red sea is between Arabia and Africa.
- Davis Strait separates Greenland from Baffin Island.
- The Davis Strait lies between Canada and Greenland
- Messina strait separates Italy from Sicily.
- Johor strait separates Malaysia from Singapore.
- The number of CARS is five.
- Height of The Islamabad is 2000 ft: above The sea level.
- The Devil Tower present in United States is a volcano.
- Hudson Bay is largest bay and is situated in Northern Canada.
- Largest gulf is The Gulf of Mexico.